Friday, October 9, 2015

Cream Of Mushroom Soup

This is the soup served at a restaurant in Nikolayev Ukraine, where we brunched al fresco. 
The chilly weather calls for more soup. This month, I'll be cooking more soup than previous fall seasons. Soup is a feel good food. It's warm, it's cozy, and it makes the belly feel wonderful. 

This particular soup, I got off of the blog, Jay's Baking Me Crazy. Let me tell you, this soup is superb, even when I made a few substitutions:

Instead of = Substitute 
Regular Mushrooms = Baby Portabella
Arrowroot Powder = Tapioca Starch

This yumminess reminded me of the soup I ordered in Ukraine circa 2010. I remember dipping the spoon in the bowl not knowing that it will spoil my taste buds. It was a memorable moment. When we arrived back to the U.S. of A. no other mushroom soup recipe compared, until now! Next time I cook this soup, I'll take better photos, and likewise, make the soup thicker.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs
Site Meter